Thursday, October 8, 2009

I just discovered who the writer of this awesome song is and I love his version. I think I will have to check out some of John Hiatt's other stuff.



Apparently my chair handed my thesis to a committee member and we are still waiting to hear back. Agony.

I just finished reading Joseph Smith: Rough Stone Rolling. It was very informative not only about his life, but about the times. I enjoyed it.

5 comments:

Vanessa Swenson said...

I love this version. Well, most versions are awesome b/c it's a great song. I've played it on the guitar before. My particular version is less than ideal, however. I think I was introed to this version via Growing Pains.

Thesis: since there's nothing you can do about it right now, do something else, like going to a beach.

And I'm going to look into that book.

Marie said...

Growing Pains had this song? Was it the opener?

The book attempted to take a very scholarly, non-mormon view (though it clearly was written by a mormon-a distant relation of mine) and so it had some interesting perspectives on different things.

Vanessa Swenson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vanessa Swenson said...

I should just give up. The Wonder Years.
I meant The Wonder Years.

Marie said...

That show had some really great music. I only remember a few episodes, but I am discovering that it used some great songs.